31.3.09

flash is starting to appeal to me

finally.

i'm now getting to the stage where i'm thinking about how i want the interactions with the floor to look and behave.

whilst doing a bit of research i came across daniel shiffman's lovely motion triggered lighting which made me whimper a bit as it's so simple but so nice.

Which got me interested in particles. Which i have now decided is far too mathy for me, and trying to teach myself maths just to make pretty particles would be useful in some sense, but in this project ultimately a waste of time. Although i would like to create an "oooh" reaction, it is not the aim of this project.

So i've decided to be a dirty cheat and instead make some movie clips in dirty flash and use some dirty actionscript. I'm not even planning to code animations at this stage, i'm just going to animate them in a nice simple-ish way.

Now i've just got to learn dirty actionscript.

No comments: