28.4.09

meet drip

the slightly strange looking, RFID tagged wooly raindrop.



Inside his lovely wooly exterior is an RFID tag that when placed on the Mir:ror tells you what the weather is like in Norwich. Because Norwich is cool. I would like him to bring up places where it is raining, but unfortunately until i get my hands on another RFID reader, probably this one, with one of these, i'm stuck in the mir:ror's interface and way of doing things. Also the RFID reader i'm thinking of getting is discussed in Tom Igoe's "Making Things Talk", so hopefully getting it doing what i want it to do should be relatively simple.

I've actually had to re-teach myself how to knit, in order to make little drip. I thought that it would be quite nice if the objects are reminiscent of the clothes worn in that weather, and it also makes it more approachable. Technology is less scary when it's hidden behind a nice wooly jumper.

No comments: