21.2.08

CSS and that

although one has not been posting, one has been working.
one has been making pretty patterns:


look at me using small files!

and one has been working very hard on hand coding the CSS for the index page (resisting the temptation to be lazy in dreamweaver, i could make it all in five minutes if i wanted to but i don't want to i want to do it properly, dammit.), trying to make the layout as flexible as possible, so i can be as creative as i want to be with coming up with new layouts. thinking REALLY hard about what content i want to include and what it needs to look like to fit in with possible future layouts. thinking about what i want to do with my twitter feed, trying to get my head around flashr (me no likey actionscript), and screaming at the college computers when the links don't work properly or when browsers wont refresh my page properly, making me think my CSS is wrong.

i'm glad the site is finally starting to get past the conceptual stage, and is finally taking shape. there's still alot to be done but i feel like i'm getting somewhere now.

here's what the layout looks like so far:



i don't know where the little patterny idea came from really, i think it's my little obsession with origami paper. i've always like patterns i just never thought that i'd make them really. these are mostly based on my small collection of origami paper, simplified a lot.

mmm... pixels.

i've also been working on a little 3d kokeshi doll to hold a sign with my twitter feed inside it. or a thought bubble of something. i was originally going to try to make a pixel art one, but i've been missing maya recently so i thought that i'd give 3d a try.

here she is so far:



i'm going to doodle my ideas over this render later, then i can build her up some more.
and since i'm currently considering entering this competition it could come in handy.

No comments: