4.2.08

wordpress

since several of the sites i'm quite fond of (like brendan dawes and joshua davis) use wordpress i decided to look into it. using a blog type thing would be a nice way of easily updating my site. but i'm concerned about how easy it will be to customise.

i've looked around on the forums and the wordpress site and installed it on my own site, so i can have a little play with it. but since all i'm really thinking of using it for is a news feed and possibly making some kind of commenting system on the work in my portfolio (which i'm not too fussed about), i'm not sure wether or not i will end up using it at this stage.

i could use it to create another blog on my site, but since i'm planning to re-design this one and i talk about my work on here i don't see much of a point.

i could do a bit of cheating with iframes, but that could mess up my plan to use that CSS swappy code.

i want to be able to design my site exactly how i want it, instead of re-working a template. there's blogger and myspace for that.

No comments: