29.5.09

Arduino workshop



Today I tottered off to a tinker.it workshop at old broadcasting house in Leeds, and it was immense. I learnt about the history of the arduino, which is funnily enough named after a pub. And how to make circuits with the big boy arduinos, the one I was given today was a Duemilanove, which seemed complex compared to the little lilypads I'm used to. So many holes to put things in, and analog and digital input go in two different places which seemed weird. Most of the day was spent making circuits for some of the different example codes that come with the arduino programming environment, which I was grateful for as the circuits seemed very different to what I make with the lilypads. I learnt how to use a breadboard to do prototyping, and got a little bag of toys!!

The above circuit is for the button example. I'm suprised how easy it is to prototype with it.

I'm glad i went, using a different arduino board with proper wires seemed a bit daunting. Shame that there's only a week left on my project. I feel like I'm a step closer to hacking stuff instead of making it from scratch.

No comments: