1.5.09

weather feeds

I've been looking into what weather feeds to use, and found BBC backstage which lets you get access to lots of the BBC's APIs and feeds and such like. It turns out that you can easily get the feeds on the new weather pages anyway!

Here's what an RSS weather feed looks like:



It's actually quite descriptive, there's a description of the weather (sunny intervals, grey clouds or whatever), and temperature, wind direction, wind speed, relative humidity, pressure and visibility. I may not use humidity, pressure or visibility but will definitely use temperature and the wind data.

I've made some notes of the different weather descriptions, and since I'm only looking at the british isles so far it's all relatively similar. I may look into using worldwide data just so there's some variation in what weather the interface reports. If all britain has a really great or pap day in general, the data will be pretty much the same.

Now I just need to come up with some cute things that represent wind and sunny intervals.

No comments: